Pan de Sal 9

4 cups unbleached bread flour
1/4 cup secret ingredient
1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 cup warm milk
1 egg
1 cup melted butter (minus butter that overflowed when microwaved)

Mixed the flour, secret ingredient, and sugar in a big bowl.  Made a well in the center and pour the 1 cup warm milk, added the yeast and sugar to ferment for 45 minutes.

Used a portable mixer to mixed until smooth (about 8 minutes).  Placed the dough on my kneading board dusted with flour and kneaded for a few minutes being careful not to break the dough.  Transferred to the bowl again which I sprayed with oil and covered with a plastic bag and let rise for 1 hour.

It is rising right now and I will punch the dough to remove the air and put it on my kneading board dusted with flour.  I will then leave it to rest for a few minutes before I knead it again for about one or two minutes.  I will then cut them into four parts.  Each part will be flattened with my palm and fold the top of the dough to the bottom and seal. I will do this three times and seal any openings.  I will then roll the dough into a log about 12 inches long and cut them into about 1 1/4" width. Put all of them on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and let rise for abour 30 minutes.

Bake at 325^ F for about 20 minutes.

Comments